Here are some updates on my life and my lap band:
- I've noticed in some recent pictures of me (that I continue to stare at unapologetically), that people that I used to dwarf by my size...now don't look that different than me! I don't look like a giant anymore. This is me (the brunette) with one of my friends and her sweet baby that moved away but came for a visit. She is an active/fit person. I'm frustrated that now that I am also active and getting fit - I can't play with her anymore....Grrr Also...she is now moved near the top of my friend list because she said two things: #1) "Your pictures don't do you justice" #2) "You don't even look like you are 220 pounds"....Hells yeah!
- My lowest weight this month has been 216 pounds. I made it to the teens! Unfortunately I have been wavering like crazy. This morning I was 220. I go up, I go down, I go up, I go down. This happens every time I lose five pounds. It's frustrating, but if I just wait it out...I usually start going down again. I've also not been making the best food choices. I have a great big "DUH" for myself. My goal right now is to be under 200 pounds by my birthday in May. If I am going to make this happen....I better get this butt in gear fast. I need to chill on the eating and listen to my body and band better.
- Speaking of my band...I went in for a visit last week and no news to report. I didn't lose a single pound since my last visit. Carol has been out of the office the last two times I have gone to the clinic. I miss that lady. This time there was a lady there from the Dallas clinic. She told me to stop eating so much soup so that my body would get full faster from solid food. Hmmm. Makes sense. I love the staff at True Results. I've been getting to know them and they are fun. I am going to be sad to say goodbye to those guys.
- I have been distracted lately because I have started selling Younique makeup. I am sooooo not a salesperson...I just like their makeup - their mascara for sure. How can you argue with this?! If you are interested in crazy lashes like this check out my website: https://www.youniqueproducts.com/JenniferMaine There- that's my commercial. I really do love the makeup and the company is pretty young in my area.
|after with 3D fiber lashes|
|before with regular mascara|
- I had blood drawn this weekend to go back to see my primary care physician....remember my concerns about iron? Well anyway...that spot on my face from Christmas that I wrote about still hasn't gone away so I saw the dermatologist a few weeks ago. The first doctor I saw wasn't sure what it was (which is always a good sign :/) so she called in the oldest doctor at the facility because surely he has seen something as hideous as this bumpy spot on my jawline. Right???
- He took a look and said a bunch of things I can't remember. What I do remember is hearing him say it looks a little like Sweets Syndrome. He also said we would try the cortisone cream for a while to see if it would go away on it's own before having to do a biopsy on my face with stitches and all. Great. So he left and my original doctor talked with me and wrote my prescription. She said that I wasn't showing any other signs for Sweet's Syndrome and not to worry. I replied, "So I shouldn't go home and google it is what you are telling me?" She said "yes, don't google it." So of course I went home and googled it immediately. Turns out that Sweet's Syndrome has a bunch of pictures on google that look WAY worse than mine! It can also be an indicator of impending Leukemia. Again...Great.
- So I called my primary and told her the good news. She ordered some additional tests for the blood I had drawn this weekend. I see her on Wednesday to go over the results. Keep your fingers crossed that this is nothing serious. Please. I'm a little nervous to say the least. The medicine they gave me for my face is not working. :(
- I exercised like a crazy person today. I walked/ran 5 miles in 65 minutes today...my best time ever!!! I also went for a good hike (somewhere around 4 miles) this afternoon. If I could just eat less I would be in such great shape!!!