Sunday, November 17, 2013

Well

Hmm.  Not much to report.  I'm still stuck at 231-232.  I glimpsed 229 and then it was gone as quickly as it came.  My eating has been sporadic.  I still eat too fast.  I think I just need to start using my timer again.  I can pretty much eat whatever I want these days as long as I eat slowly.  :(  I wish I couldn't.

I want that feeling back from right after surgery when I had zero desire to eat.  I want to eat these days a lot.  I'm starting to get pretty frustrated so I am glad that I go see Carol on Tuesday for another follow up.  I don't want to be one of those people that have their band so tight that they can only eat liquids...but I may have to be while I am in this losing phase.  I'll see what Carol has to say on Tuesday.  Maybe I will ask the nutritionist for a plan.

Speaking of nutrition...I made the most wonderful chicken tonight!  
It's Spicy (not that spicy) Honey Chipotle Chicken.  Hubby was impressed and actually so was I!

http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2010/05/girl-who-didnt-eat-everything.html



In other news, I joined a Gold's Gym Express yesterday.  I haven't been able to get my walking in these days because of the time change and the weather.  It's been getting dark so early, I don't feel safe walking after 6pm.  Joining was fun!  I pay $20 a month for unlimited access to equipment and I can bring a friend anytime I want.  I also get unlimited tanning (I won't use) and massage chair access.  I can dig some massage chair action.  

So while I was signing up, the guy working there was all flirty with me - called me beautiful once (snort).  I know they are supposed to do that to get business, but it was refreshing.  I haven't had a man besides my husband flirt with me in like...forever.   He asked me what size t-shirt I wanted with my membership.  I told him an XL and I was hoping on the inside that it would fit.  He looked at me and said "No...you'll want a large."  I wrinkled my nose in protest and he said to trust him because they run a little big.  I took the damn large shirt.  I did all my walking and really enjoyed the gym.  I am intimidated about using all the strength training equipment but they offer classes to show you how to use the equipment and make your own program.  I am looking forward to that and I am convincing myself that I am not afraid of the gym.  

This morning I went to school to work on some things for this week.  I left there and went to Lane Bryant to try to size myself again and buy some new bras.  My boobs are turning into a sad, wrinkly mess as they deflate.  I am planning "that" surgery as soon as I am close to goal.  My bras are no longer fitting correctly- it's like I have a big hole where my boobs used to be!  I wasn't sure if it was the cup or the band or the fact that my old ones are are all stretched out.  Soooo, I bought two more today I am down to a 38 - I was a 40- but my cup size stayed the same unless I want them to runneth over.  I do notteth wanteth them to runneth over.  So hooray for new bras finally!  

I tried on that damn t-shirt today and...it fit!  I don't think I have EVER worn a size large t-shirt.  I like that place!!!  I am going tomorrow after my school, meeting, and my ride home!  I can't wait!  

Oh....wait!  I forgot the coolest part!  The machines at the gym are the IFit machines.  They partnered with google maps and there is a screen on the treadmill.  I mapped out a workout on the website.  I am virtually walking through Central Park tomorrow and I got a free package that takes me through the national parks.  I'm pumped about it.  

Thanks for reading.  I know I haven't been that interesting lately....just seem to be stuck in a rut.  I am hoping this gym membership helps.  Love to all!

3 comments:

  1. I hope Carol and Gold's are just what you need to jump start again! I don't have a good gym option... Everything is 30-45 minutes from my house and I hate that extra drive time. I might suck it up and do it if the dance studio I do Zumba and Bokwa at combined with my Jillian michaels DVD's don't do it for me. Based on the fact my legs feel like burning Jell-O today I think I'm okay for the time being! Lol Stay motivated Jen... You'll break through this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I'm glad you're enjoying the gym! I LOVE the gym! And Gold's is a good gym :) If you can make it work, try some of the classes (are those included?). Nothing more motivating than a room full of people doing it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much good stuff in this post! First off, that chicken looks incredible. I'll have to check that out.

    I also feel like I eat too fast and that my bites are still way bigger than they "should" be. Maybe it's different for everyone.

    Your new gym sounds fab!

    ReplyDelete