Sunday, December 1, 2013

Surviving Thanksgiving

Hello All!

Thanksgiving was such a great break!  I needed to get away from work and spend some time with the FAM!  Wednesday we packed and headed out to visit my parents.  We stopped to pick up our race day packets for the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving and we met for lunch at Corner Bakery.  My brother (marathon runner, tall, thin- you get the idea)and his family and my parents met us there for lunch.

Everyone was there when we arrived.  Mom said she looked at me from across the restaurant and wasn't sure if it was me!  It's nice to be unrecognizable sometimes.  I felt good that day.  My hair was working out right, I had make up on, we were getting ready to do something healthy the next day...

We went to bed early enough, but my son started getting ill that night.  It seemed like every time I was almost out, I'd hear "Mommy, I want..."  I was pretty tired in the morning for the run, but being tired wasn't my biggest problem.  IT WAS FREAKING FREEZING!!!  I thought my fingers would fall off.  My husband and daughter ran with me along with my brother and his family that were running the 10K (overachievers!).  I really wanted to do the 10K, but I wasn't sure I could finish within the recommended 1hr 15 minutes.  I wanted to walk it and it usually takes me 1.5 hours.

At the end, I didn't run at all - I walked the whole thing and I felt great.  I was barely winded.  I am disappointed that I didn't feel more challenged or challenge myself more.  My plantar fasciitis is coming back :(  so I am worried about pushing it too hard right now.  I was in a boot about 6 years ago for 6 weeks.  Last year, I couldn't have walked a 5K.  This year I fast walked it with no problem at all.  My official finish time was 46 min - I was trying to get under 45 minutes  without running but I didn't make it.  Next year I am going for running a 10K!



Foodwise, I did okay.  Not good, not bad.  I was back down to 225 when I got home.  I'm not complaining!  I did some shopping, made some homemade goodies, did a little more walking, and pretty much enjoyed my entire  week.  C'mon Christmas break!!!

5 comments:

  1. You are doing great and looking AMAZING! So glad you enjoyed your break too. I did too and it was hard getting up this morning. I keep thinking...."just three weeks until Christmas...hang in there!"

    You are smart not to push it with the plantar fasciitis too. Lord knows, that is NO joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super proud of you!!! And sometimes you have to listen to your body. I sprained an ankle (first sprain ever) on my third run after Minna was born. I was doing a 4 mile out and back... I sprained it at the turn :/ - yeah, I ran back. DUMB!!! That thing took FOREVER to heal... and I certainly didn't help it any :( Point is, avoid damaging yourself. You did great! And you look amazing! But most importantly, you're feeling strong, healthy, energetic... and HOT :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer!!! I just noticed that you're now the silhouette of the slimmest figure in your banner. I think someone needs to email me some new three way pics... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Rock! Are you kidding me? Who cares if you run it...your walking time is awesome...and the point is the difference from last year to this year. You are doing awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is AWESOME!! Sounds like you had a fabulous break... SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete