Thursday, August 15, 2013

Last Fill May be the Ticket

I had my second fill on Tuesday.  I had lost nine pounds since my last fill (according to their scale) so they were happy with me.  I really wanted a sticker!  I was feeling very proud of myself.  I thought this second fill would feel like the first but this one hurt like a $?!@.  I swear I thought she pulled it through my skin to access the port and then shoved it back through - with her teeth!  I think she even giggled for a second (she had to turn her head quickly)  when I said "holy crap!"  Sadist!

She (Carol) put in .7 and I can't remember where that puts me now- it's somewhere between 6-7 I think.  This last fill didn't seem to make a difference right away, but now I can feel it.  I have to eat really slow and I am not hungry really at all until mealtime which is much smaller now.  I thought I was stuck again today but I went to the bathroom and PB'd for a little bit - no throw up,  just the water I swallowed to try to push it down, which I am not supposed to do.  Der...  It was just like last time when I was out to eat and had an incident.  I was talking, distracted, and not following the rules.  Live and learn I guess...

I have been losing every day.  I weighed this morning after a FUN night with some shots on 6th street in Austin after the Bruno Mars concert (AWESOME!!! I have an old lady crush on that little man).  I was anticipating a problem but I was 247.6 and then later this afternoon I was 246.5.  This would be so exciting if I cruised through the 240's.  

Going to the bar made me wonder what it will feel like to have men "look" at me like that again.  Do men look at ladies like "that" when they are close to or over 40?  I really don't know....  I'm glad my husband saw me for my inside beauty -  unless he secretly has a fatty fetish...uh oh...that might be a problem.  I hate that I wasted so much of my life being so overweight and lethargic.  Oh well...those days are over.  Time for me to go for a walk!  Here is a picture of us out last night.  I guess I should crop my friends since they didn't give me permission for me to put them in my blog.  Details!  I had an absolute ball!

6 comments:

  1. Do you have a 10 or 14 cc band? So glad you are feeling near the green zone. So glad things are moving faster for you. I'm a bit jealous about that.

    And darling...men will look at you like "that" because you are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a 10 cc band. Thanks for the compliments Chucklehead. :) It's exciting to think about. I'm glad we were banded around the same time. Glad we get to go through it together.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jennifer, I'm happy to meet you and look forward to sharing our journeys together. Welcome to the Green Zone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO happy for you! And glad you're moving so quickly through :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. question #1: Does your Dr. take pictures each visit? My does and i have the RN print me a color copy. I then put on it the amount of fill. Very important to keep up with your amounts. I have the 14cc band and i have 10.9cc in it now.
    question #2: You said the fill hurt... What does she do to do the fill? My dr. places a roll pillow under my back, thus pushing the port up and out. Which makes it easier to find and access. I can also tell you that, the thinner i got the less fat around it, the more it hurt.... just saying.

    If your going to drink something to help "go down" (i don't recommend). Drink something hot.. coffee, tea.
    You will crush the 40ies and the 30ies... etc before you know it... you'll be a sexier 160.. if you keep doing what your doing.
    Point to remember: when going out, be careful of how much you drink. After the band i drunk faster. Just an FYI.

    Like Chuckle said... Men noticed you then, notice you now and will stare at you later.... because your beautiful.

    I can tell you from experience, men go out of there way to be nicer too me, open doors, compliment me... It's just the way life is. I don't mind being a 45 y/o grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! Glad you had fun at the concert! And my fills hurt sometimes too. Supposedly my scar tissue there is a problem. But I still prefer Carol to do my fills. I'm going in on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete