Saturday, August 24, 2013

My absence

I have only ten minutes of battery left to make a great and memorable blog post since I was absent from posting for a week and a half!  Thank you to those who reminded me to post (Lori).  I'm glad you miss it when I don't post!

As you can tell from my absence...I have gone back to work.  School starts on Monday! We had inservice this week.  My school has a new principal this year and with a new principal comes lots of changes and with change comes lots of stress.  This week has been a challenge on my brain and my new lifestyle.  I have come home exhausted at 7pm three out of the five nights this week. I had a presentation to give for the district on Wednesday, so Tuesday night was spent finalizing everything with my partner.  That was a ten o'clock night.  Meet the Teacher was on Thursday until 6 then I rushed to my daughter's school to meet her teacher.  I'll be going in tomorrow to work in my room and my lesson plans.  "Yay, back to work"...said no teacher.  EVER.

I went to Zumba on Monday and I have not exercised since then!   I have to find a way to make this work for me.  I have lost about a pound this week so far - maybe two.  I'm not sure if I am in my green zone, but I am close.  My eating has been okay.  Sometimes I know I eat too fast.  Sometimes I am in a hurry!  I do actually forget sometimes that I am banded.

My knee started bothering me this week.  I had shooting pain while going up the stairs.  Not sure what that's about.  I'm scared to find out.

My little man fell down tonight and smacked his head on our hard wood laminate flooring.  I swear it was the worst sound I have ever heard.  I thought we were going to make an ER trip tonight, but my favorite nurse made a house call and told me to keep an eye on him.  So he is sleeping next to me as I type this.  I am hoping we stay out of the hospital this evening.   I don't like head injuries.

I know this post is pitiful, I am just obsessed with school right now.  I will try to get into a rhythm with more posting and of course back to exercise once I get back into a routine.

Summer - I miss you already!




4 comments:

  1. Yay! You made time to post!!! So... just a thought... until the first few weeks of school have passed and you've settled into a routing, how about getting up 10-15 minutes earlier and doing some quick exercise routine to kick off your day - something at home. I'll email you some cool, quick videos! You can do them in any room - just play them on your laptop. You'll start your day with SO much energy! :D And good job on ANY weight loss this week... seriously - worst week of school is the one before the kids arrive ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. This past week I didn't know whether I was coming or going. So. Very. Tired.

    I hope your new principal is good. Our new one is fantastic, but sometimes it's just a roll of the dice.

    Good luck this week! I'll be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen.... It will all work out. Don't stress to much. When things die down you will get back on track. First few weeks of getting back is hard.

    You will do great...Keep positive...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally! I was going to call out the search dogs to find you...! Actually...I knew you'd probably need a day or two to find your rhythm....but I am glad you are back. Don't be a stranger!

    ReplyDelete