Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Thank you Lap Band Gal

Thank you LapBandGal for your recent post.  It got me going and helped me correct my lazy butted-ness since I went back to work (according to the rulebook - teachers have to go back to work in August - dang that rule book!!).  

Last night I posted that I would walk tonight and I did.  After I posted I caught up with some of my favorite blogs and one of them was LapBandGal posting about getting over your excuses and remembering what you are fighting for.  No one else is going to fight for me to lose weight and live longer but me.  My husband has fought all he could by supporting me with this surgery.  It's my battle to win or lose.  This cost too much and I am worth too much to not follow through just because things got busy for me.  My time of being a jackass is over.  :)  At least for this particular reason of not exercising due to many excuses....I still reserve the right to be a jackass for other reasons.  

After reading blogs, I put my walking shoes on and hit the street.  I've walked four miles on the weekend before but never in the evening after working my tail off all day.  

Now tonight I wanted to go for another 4, but I had a terrible cramp under my ribs.  I wanted to throw up a few times.  I wasn't able to do another 4 miles.  
I keep telling myself that two months ago, I wasn't walking a mile on a regular basis.  Although it's not what I wanted for tonight...it's still progress.   







Goodnight Bloggers!  Love to all!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome. Its great to read a post that hits home right when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for walking! Hey, you were supposed to motivate me to go to the Y today after I took Seth to preschool! I was dressed for the Y, but went to the outlet mall instead!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw I put "preschool." I meant kindergarten. Obviously, I am denial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every little bit counts... keep going, even if only a little walk each day :D

    (Like the saying goes, "You're still lapping everyone on the couch!!!")

    ReplyDelete
  5. No doubt, adjustable gastric band surgery has been a life saver for many people and may be so even in the future. But, it’s not for everyone. Also, have a look at the risks before deciding whether the Lap band surgery is worth the risks or not.

    ReplyDelete