Monday, September 2, 2013

forehead deodorant?

Hello Bloggers and Readers!

I am irritated.  I need to post about it because I can idly sit by no more.  I sweat when I exercise.  I sweat a lot.  It seems to come mostly from my forehead and work it's way down.  The sweat rolls down my forehead and into my eyes.  It burns a lot!!!  Yes, I know there are headbands for just such a thing...but I just don't dig this look.
 And I can definitely tell you that this look does NOT dig me.  Sooo...what is a girl left to do?  I need some sort of forehead deodorant that won't sting your eyes.  Future invention?  I think yes!!!

Things in lap band world have really stagnated for me.  I missed my last fill appt and I suppose I really needed that fill.  Despite my more intense exercise routine - I am routinely walking four miles in an hour, about 3-4 times a week- I am not losing any more weight.  I am snacking more often (bad...I know), and it's showing in the lack of loss.

My sister in law is trying to convince me that I should walk in the morning (like at 4am).  The rationale is that nothing can get in the way (except for my big lazy butt staying in bed at 4am).  Often times our evenings are taken up by various things that are out of our control - but nothing gets in the way at 4am. I am interested...but not convinced.  If I can't maintain a good exercise schedule this week, I will have no other choice but to 4am it.  I'd like to avoid it though.  I did my four miles this morning pushing the baby (35 pound toddler) in his stroller. This is me on the right looking super fabulous with no makeup and sweating it up.   It was much more difficult taking the baby with me.  At first I was energized, but then I was dragging all afternoon.  I can't afford to drag at work in the afternoon.  Those kids would eat me alive!  Sooo...I'm tossing the idea around in my head.

I am starting a competition to walk 50 miles in the month of September with my friend who lives in San Francisco.  We are friends through Runtastic, so we can check each other's progress. I think it's going to be fun.  Next month I think we should do straight up how many can you walk in the month.  I think we are on to something here.

I found these pictures below that I wanted to share.  You can see where I was before I started Weight Watchers and before I was banded.  Not pretty...  In fact, I looked kind of manly.  Ugh.

Here is a more recent one.  I like it a lot better.  I need to get back to losing.  I need to lose, with or without a fill.  My grandfather is coming to visit in October.  I would like to be in the 230's before he gets here.  He hasn't seen me at a "reasonable" size in so long.  With him in his 90's, I'm not sure how many opportunities I will have to show him that I am changing my life.  

Love to all!  Thank you for reading and keeping me posting!  It's going to be a great week!

7 comments:

  1. You are looking great and let me just say that if you are doing 4 AM walks...get out that headband of awesomeness and put it on...who CARES what you look like at 4AM. ;)

    The loss will come...your body is adjusting...just keep working and you'll see the movement in the scale...it might now be as fast as you like, but it will come. Your body simply can't maintain its current weight if you are doing your part. I know...I've been there...I still am there quite frequently.

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I say that if you are doing anything productive at 4 AM, you get to wear whatever you want! I've tried exercising in the morning too, and I just could not make it work for me. Although I agree that it's the time when you'll never find a scheduling conflict, my body just was not cut out for it. I'm a sweaty gal too, and some days I just never stopped sweating. It's a whole other level of humidity here in arkansas though, so maybe that was part of it. I would get to work and the sweat would still be pouring off of me.

    I understand the frustration with slow weight loss, but hang in there. You are looking great, and your grandfather is going to think so too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4am?!?! You are my newest hero if you can make that work for you! It's all I can do to get myself out of bed at 5:30!! I'm definitely a night-owl by nature. You're looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous!!! Positive life changes are always good, whether or not you see a number change on the scale.
    I totally understand the sweating thing. I have to wear a sweatband or I literally can't see. Lucky for you, though, you don't sweat in the crotch area like I do. It's horribly embarrassing. I can only wear black workout pants.
    Keep it up! Woot woot!
    PS: I got up and worked out at five in the morning for years, five days a week. Then I had Seth... it became too hard. I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about a do-rag, Jen? Be all "rocker momma" ;) 4AM... yikes!!! But... may be the way to go. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous of your lack of double chin! And I second the do-rag, it's what I came here to say. It's badass and at 4am, in the dark, you need to look as gangsta as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I saw a new style of sweat-blocking headband in Runner's World magazine and thought I'd send you a link: http://store.haloheadband.com/elastic-sport-headband-p/hp.htm?gclid=CPOOgKqMvLkCFcFj7AodAXYA2A

    Definitely not as ridiculous looking as the old-school ones and, well, looks sort of cool, sporty, and modern. Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete