Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Ouch!

My allergies have been driving me crazy this week and so has my band.  I have been stuck a few times on things that I normally don't have a problem with.  I put two and two together and I think my problem is the allergies are causing digestion problems with my band.  I've heard of a mucus plug that makes swallowing difficult in times of cold and allergies.  So...I am dealing.  This has been my most uncomfortable week.  Lots of painful eating.  Ouch!  It's enough to break me of it altogether!

I've had a lot of stress lately with work.  I have taken on more than I can handle this year.  People keep asking me to do extra things and I keep agreeing.  Duh.   I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed on the career front.  I feel like I am always behind on something and I'm not doing the best I can at anything because I am spread so thin.  I keep thinking that things will look good on a resume when I decide to move on.

On a positive note...I talked a lot about it on Facebook but I don't remember if I mentioned it on my blog but my friend and I were doing a competition to see who could walk 50 miles in September first.  This challenge was supposed to last all month.  Instead, we finished it in two weeks.  It was a fight to the finish.  We kept pushing each other harder and harder to do more and more often just to keep up.  Did I mention that she lives in California and I live in Texas?!  Now I am wondering if I should just go for 100 for this month.  My body is worn out, but I think I can pick it back up before I lose my momentum.

I am seeing my family this weekend and I am really looking forward to it.  I'm anxious to see what they see.

I got my new school picture back today and I got to compare it to last years picture.  It's a nice difference.  I will post it next time.  I miss reading all my friend's blogs.  I miss seeing what they are up to.  I must catch up with all of you this week.

Love to all,

Your exhausted friend, Jen  :)

5 comments:

  1. You already know this, but it's okay to say "no" to people... especially work people. Practice in front of a mirror... "Thanks for trusting me, but I'm going to have to say no - If I say yes to anything else then nothing I do will be awesome and if I'm going to do something, I want to do it well. Thanks for understanding." YES, Jen... practice this...

    On another note - great job on all those miles! And sorry about the allergies. Feeling sick is the pits.

    Stay strong! And post more pictures :D Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not imigine being a teacher. My late mother in law was a 1st grade teacher for 35 years... but things or so much harder now. The big thing this year is that new Core Curriculum. The kids that were A students are making f's for the first time in there lives... it's crazy. My grand son got tested for GT yesterday so we are waiting to hear back about that. My youngest son almost was murdered last Thursday in an robbery, they tied him up and it was terrible. they caught two of the three Black men that did it so we are still worried. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    On a plus, going to Lake Charles for a Cheap trick concert Friday...

    Jen... keep your eys on the prize... it all will work out and in the end you will look back and say... Wow what a crazy ride... but so worth it all.

    Remember what i mentioned in the past about the food. Things you could eat will start to disagree with you. Take it slow and make mental notes. This is a learning process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for finishing your 50 miles early! That's awesome! That's a bummer about your job. Hopefully it will get better soon! Keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennnnnnnn..... repeat after me: I appreciate your confidence in my, but i already have too much on my plate right now to give this the attention it needs.....

    ReplyDelete