Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Phooey

Well crappers...
I was supposed to go in for a fill today but I forgot!!  Seriously...I waited for these appointments like I waited for water this summer.  Today...I completely FORGOT!  How does this happen?  Welcome to the all-encompassing, fills your life to the brim, leave you utterly exhausted and brain-dead profession of teaching.  Don't get me wrong...there are some parts I absolutely LOVE about teaching.  Without these great parts, I couldn't devote my life to the profession.  These great parts are there, so I carry on.  Seriously though...it sucks the life out of you.

So this blog is about my band and not teaching....  I am less than impressed with my progress this week.  Real life kind of sucks.  I don't have the time or energy to do any of the things I need to do.  I haven't exercised since LAST Monday! Diet is okay.  I haven't eaten much, haven't cooked anything really, and my house is a wreck.  Tonight I had a taco and some chips with family and I was sooooooo uncomfortable!  I had to leave and I felt crappy the entire drive home.  I kept spitting into a container.  It wasn't throw up...just spit and I felt so terrible! That tightness that hurts so much!  The feeling finally went away when I got home.  It was such a relief.  I think the flour tortillas may be off limits to me now too.  This makes me more sad than donuts and bread combined!  :( :( :(

I haven't really lost any weight this week.  Maybe two pounds.  Maybe.  It changes every day.  I am still looking for that balance.  I think I just need to kick my butt into walking no matter how I feel.  In fact...here you go blog world....I will walk tomorrow and I will blog my runtastic progress.  So there.  Hold me accountable tomorrow!  Please...

Thanks for reading, by the way!   I will try to keep it up.

3 comments:

  1. Two pounds is great! Don't stress about it. You're definitely right about forcing yourself to walk or get another kind of exercise. Exercise is the absolute key to getting to goal and staying there.

    So excited to keep reading and to see your progress! I am 5 years out and have been at goal for about 3 1/2 years now. Funny enough, I miss the fun of losing! That was a great phase, and I hope that you enjoy it, too! Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Catherine! Your wedding was beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Jenn!!! WALK - every day :D You'll feel better, not just physically, but mentally and emotionally. Just like we make time to eat every day, even if only a little bit and quickly, we should make time to MOVE every day (even if only a little bit and quickly ;)). Love you, Girl! I'm proud of you - progress is progress :D

    ReplyDelete