Tuesday, October 22, 2013

NSV (Non Scale Victory)!!

I went to the doctor today and unfortunately I had to wait an hour past my appointment...frustration - especially when I had to take a half day to get there on time.  But I absolutely LOVE my doctor.  She's actually a physician's assistant, but I adore her.  I've never seen a physician that can top her.  She takes time and listens to me.   It wasn't her fault.  Here I am waiting in my hospital gown with my butt crack facing the door.  This is always a good position to wait in...

There are a bunch of NSV's to report:


  • I was visiting to get my annual and I haven't seen her since I had surgery.  I was looking forward to seeing how much weight I had lost since I last saw her.  It was 45 pounds... 


  • Then I had my blood pressure checked and it was 120 / 78.  Booyah!

  • She removed some skin tags that I got during my pregnancy for free because I waited so long - AND she loves me.  This has nothing to do with my band...but work with me here.

  • Next we went over my lab work.  The last time I had blood work done was 2006.  I am pretty sure my numbers got worse and not better before surgery.  

  • Here is the comparison: 


I was pre-diabetic in 2006.  That's what the glucose is.  Look at the huge change!  She was also impressed with the triglyceride levels.  I think she said that is fat in the blood or something and is an indicator of people that overeat a lot.  GUILTY.  Anyway...it's really good now!  She wants me to work on raising my HDL cholesterol and lowering my LDL even though they are both within good range.  

I am going back in 3 months to check my iron levels.  I told her my concerns about making sure all was good with the lab band and my absorption levels.  

Is it wrong to be excited about seeing the doctor?!  If this is wrong, I don't want to be right!




8 comments:

  1. That's AWESOME!!! What great numbers! What a great overall change in your health!!! Be PROUD, my friend!!! Oh, and I think you should get a pro photo session when you go under 200... just a thought. I have some excellent photog friends... OOOOR - you could come visit me, hang out at the beach, and I'll do a session for FREE!!! I miss you and I'm SO very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to be able to actuallySEE that you're getting healthier and thinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is amazing.... Great job. You know i see you right now where i was. And with your determination i know by this time next year.... you will be in single digit pants.

    All your hard work is really paying off. You just keep exercising and eating right. Drink your water. Try and stick with your dense proteins. Try and stay clear of the carbs (i need to take my own advice)....

    Remember to say every day...... I love my self, i love my family, and i love my band.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look how cute you are! You can see such a difference in your face! Love the NSVs. Those crop up just when we need them the most, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When is your next visit at True Results?

    ReplyDelete