Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pictures!

So these are not the 90 day pictures I promised, but there is a good fatty comparison picture between August of last year and August of this year...plus a few surprises. 

Here I am last year....and this year....I can't wait to have a next year!  In the picture on the left I was about 285.  In the picture on the right I think I was around 255-260 or so. 

First Barium Test
In related news...I went in to True Results today for a follow up appointment.  I wasn't sure how I felt about a fill or not.  I've had some puking incidents but it is almost always at night when I have either eaten too much or too fast.  Sooo...I don't feel like I have a really good indicator as to whether I am at the right fill zone or not.  I lost 3 pounds in the two weeks between my last visit when Carol did not give me any sweet juice.  She was happy with my three pounds as they want you to lose between 1-2 pounds a week and I was at 1.5.  So I talked to Carol about all of this and she suggested a barium test...but they don't offer those at night.  But then she remembered that they had a doctor on staff tonight!  She got me in for my first barium test.  This is when they take an x-ray of barium going through your band.  I stood in front of a machine...fully clothed.  You can see my underwire in the picture.  The black stuff is the barium.  You can see the shadow of my band around the thinnest part of the black stuff.  That is the funnel.  The puffy part is the barium going into my stomach.  She was really happy with everything and said I had some room for more saline if I wanted it.  She would be okay waiting another visit or doing it now.  I opted for now.  This fill was another painful one.  Holy freaking smokes!!!  I don't understand why sometimes they hurt like hell and other times it's a breeze.  Personally...I prefer the breezy kind!

Carol (my band caretaker) and Me
This is me and Carol today.  I wanted to get a picture with her so that I could share with you the sweet lady I get to see when I go to True Results in Austin and I also wanted to take a picture when I lose more weight to show you how I compare to her over time! 

I really tried not to sound creepy when I asked her for a picture.  I'm not sure how well I succeeded.  We are close like that...in my head anyway.  I love how in this picture I don't look like a total giant next to her!!  I am so used to looking like a complete giant next to normal people in pictures.  Granted, she is wearing her "bullet proof" vest for taking x-rays...but still - I have to run with it. 

I've been walking still and loving it.  Tomorrow is my 90 day bandiversary.  I am so glad I had this procedure.  I am so much healthier and I feel like I can accomplish so much more now.  I wish I had done it sooner.  I continue to be in awe at the fact that I can walk so far now - 4-6 miles pretty much any time I want to.  I am in a better physical place! 
Post walk and blog

5 comments:

  1. Seriously, lady, you look great!!!!!!! It sounds like a wonderful place where you are going: supportive, caring, and all with a sense of humor.
    What does Maggie think of all of this? I bet she is proud of her Mama!
    I admire your determination. It's such a hard quality to find in people. You're a gem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your school pics... just wow! And your underwires are cracking me up!!! Thanks for the explanation of what your audience is viewing - lol! Love you! Keep blogging :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damnit - my last response got me an "error" page... stupid captcha :/

    Anyway, it's impressive! And I love your underwire explanation - you crack me up! Keep blogging!

    Your school pics really tell the tale...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an amazing difference already! I'm so proud of all that you're doing!!

    ReplyDelete