Monday, July 8, 2013

Big Day!

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY!  July 9, 2013 is the date I will use for everything in the future when conversing with people about the day my life changed.

Tomorrow...

I become a member of "the club" and I can refer to myself as banded.  

I change my relationship with food for the rest of my life.

I begin a new journey that I feel is going to lead to such great things for me and my family.

I am finally not alone in my internal struggle with food!  I have my own "little buddy" to guide me with food choices FOREVER.

Tomorrow I can finally start looking in the rearview mirror at the 260's, size 22 pants, size 2X shirts and KNOW that I won't need them in the future.

I have the weird feeling that I am betraying my body in some way by getting the band put in.  It's weird to think it will be there.  My stomach has been a good stomach, it's always been healthy and has kept me nourished.  I don't like to think I am punishing it for allowing me to overeat.  Instead...I'm going to think of the band as giving my stomach a HUG.  :)  I am ready to get this party started.

I've actually been able to get used to the pre-op Atkins diet, which makes me feel like the post banded lifestyle is something I can handle.  I just miss fruit.  I haven't been losing any more weight though.  That has me nervous.   I hope my liver is "cute", as my doctor said, so that surgery will go smoothly.

I have my bag of meds ready to head to the hospital in the morning along with my well-worn folder of intelligence from True Results.  We are going to clean today, and get some BEFORE pictures taken this afternoon.  We also talked about going to the zoo this afternoon.  Who really wants to clean?   Not this girl!

Meds Meds Meds

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'm so excited or you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of the band hugging you, that's a good way to view it! I've also struggled with the idea of putting something foreign in my body, but I know myself and I know that I can't do this on my own...

    ReplyDelete