Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 3 Post Op

I went through some weird depression yesterday afternoon. My husband and son are out of town and my daughter was gone most of the day.  I was bored and lonely.  I usually ease those feelings with food...but post surgery...that is no longer an option.  This FEELING issue is exactly why I needed the band - it wasn't hunger.  I felt trapped and wondered how to handle my feelings.  My friend Ashley came over right when I really started feeling sorry for myself and we went for a walk.  I made my goal yesterday of walking a total of 2.8 miles.  1.4 in the morning and 1.4 in the evening.  So YAY!

I am still burping like a dirty old sailor.  I wish that would go away.  It's painful.  I can't tell when my band is talking to me and when it is gas.  It seems like the signals will be much more clear when I am finished with this gas.  UGH.

Yesterday I ate 6 ounces of a yogurt shake for breakfast, the broth of the Campbell's chicken and stars soup to go (I thought I could handle the rest but I couldn't), and 6 ounces of a protein shake.  You'd think with the walking and the lack of eating, I'd be dropping pounds like they are hot.  Alas, I am not.  I have lost 1 pound in three days.  Sooooooo...I decided to change my approach today.  I am going to get up and get out of the house.  I feel good enough to drive.  I am going to walk around the mall, maybe go to Sam's Club - I love browsing there, and maybe something else where I am more active throughout the day.  I started off with 6 ounces of yogurt shake and 3 ounces of a protein shake.  I feel I had too much.

The coolest thing about this band is that I have only felt hungry once since surgery.  The only way I knew I was hungry was because I heard my stomach growl...I didn't actually feel the hunger.  I am looking forward to real life starting again and going back to work with a routine to keep my mind off of things.

Here is me today 3 days post op in the backyard.  I am dressed with make up on!  Going to force myself out into the world today!


2 comments: