Sunday, July 14, 2013

Look who has a freakin' ticker tape!!!

Thank you Chucklehead!  I used the Lily Slim app and was able to get my ticker tape code instead of trying to do it like a picture.  Hooray!!!  Now LapBandGal will be happy when she comes to visit!

So here is my update.  It's not all pretty like I hoped it would be!  Yesterday I got up and went to the bathroom and then got on the scale.  It said 257!  Hooray!  I finally started losing after days of eating next to nothing and exercising!  Tuesday morning I was 262 and 4 days later I had lost 5 pounds.  Not bad, I'd say.

I was happy, got up and went walking with a buddy (Julie :). We walked 2 miles in 30 minutes.  Not bad for this fatty.  I was talking the whole time, so maybe my heart rate wasn't where it should be...but I WAS WALKING!  When we were done I felt good.  I drank some water (sips I think) and then on the way home I started feeling super crappy.  This whole "after surgery week" has been a bunch of feeling good and then feeling really crappy.  I am not sure when it goes bad either.  It just sort of happens.  I went home and took a lukewarm shower and laid down on my bed with the ceiling fan on until I felt good again - it took about 45 minutes.

Next, I put make -up on, got dressed in regular clothes instead of my stretchy pants that I have grown so fond of since surgery, and I took my daughter to see Despicable Me 2 with my friend Ashley.  I felt great the whole movie.  I am so amazed that I don't want to eat anything.  It's a new, weird feeling.  Movie popcorn was right next to me and I did not want to eat a single piece.

And then (cue the dark music)...I started feeling nauseous again and really tired on the way home.  I came home, popped a phenergan, and took a nap.  I felt okay when I woke up and we went to visit another friend (Melissa) at her house.  They ate dinner and we played cards for a while.  At the end of cards I started feeling like crap again.  By the time we got home I really felt terrible.  I had a hard time sleeping because I was so afraid I was going to throw up.  I was miserable and I didn't know how to fix it.  I regretted getting this band and I wondered what the crap I had done to myself when I realized I couldn't take it off myself!!!

I was finally able to doze off.   Today, as my normal mornings go, I feel good.  I hopped on the scale and it says 255.  I am down to the lowest I was able to get on Weight Watchers.  Everything from here on is new territory for me in the last 10 or so years.  It's kind of cool.   I go in on Tuesday for my first follow up visit.  I hate this nausea and I hope they can help me understand why - I am hoping this is just post surgery nausea and not the rest of my life nausea.

Once last thing- the not being hungry thing is so cool.  I want to describe it for you.  I can usually eat when I am not hungry.  Like I can have my empty plate taken away and I will literally be full but I will continue to sit there and eat chips until you are done.  This level of not being hungry is like...Thanksgiving dinner, after you've stuffed yourself and you are so uncomfortable that you can't move and have already stuffed some dessert into any empty crevices you might have had.  It's the kind of full that if you even look at another bite, you might explode.  It's like that.  I feel like that most of the time now.  I'd be happy if that decreased a little, but it is keeping me from eating.  An average day for me now (remember I am still on liquids this week for post op and my diet will not always be this weak) looks like this:

breakfast - 6-8 ounces of low fat yogurt smoothie
lunch - 1/2 (6 ounces) of a protein shake
dinner - 5 ounces of a protein shake

It is hard to get these calories in.   It sounds unbelievable but I mean it.  Geesh this is a long blog.  I probably lost most of you when I was whining about feeling crappy.  :)  Have a great Sunday Friends!

5 comments:

  1. I was hoping we didnt over do it yesterday morning. Im hoping you can get through these difficult days soon. I know we talked alot yesterday, and I can hear in your voice how excited you are for your change. Keep positive! Im sure what you are going thru is all post op "junk" that everyone goes through. Keep your head up! You will see results sooner than you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your crappy feelings pass soon! I detest feeling poorly and you have all of my sympathy today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't worry about the not feeling hungry and the nauseous feeling....the full feeling is because you are still swollen at the band site... trust me the hunger will come back. And the nauseous is from being put under.

    Also, if you are taking vitamins .. it can also cause your stomach to be upset... if you are taking on a empty stomach... Lay off them for a while. I know the doc says to take them... but, wait till next week or until you can eat again. That's my advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ticker!

    I'm sorry about the nausea, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for ticker tapes! That's a busy day post op...

    ReplyDelete