Monday, July 29, 2013

Exercise, other stuff, and pretending to be a model!

Hello Friends- and Mom...

So I am off obsessing about the stupid scale.  It doesn't define me and the weight loss will come with more fills as long as I don't go nuts.  I have been eating right the last few days and I am feeling good.

I went on a long hike with Hub (yes, he is back!!) and the baby boy on Saturday.  It was much more humid than I thought it was going to be.  I sweat like a dirty old man!  From the picture you can tell that my shirt is messed up at the neck and it's because I kept using it to get the sweat off my face and out of my eyes.  There was a lot of up and down and I am talking about the terrain and not my jiggly parts.  I started logging my hike on Runtastic (my new favorite app along with myfitnesspal) after we had already started.  I am guessing the hike was around 3 miles.  It was right at my limit for the heat and the terrain.



Yesterday I didn't exercise but this morning I went for a long walk on a nearby trail with my hub and son.  We went early enough so that the heat was not too much and I felt like I pushed myself.  

I was tired when we were finished and I have blisters on my feet.  When we get paid, I very dearly need to get some new shoes.  The ones I have right now are great for hiking and uneven terrain, but they are terrible for concrete walking.  Someone suggested I go to RunTex and have them watch me walk so that I can get fitted for the right shoe for me.  The idea of someone watching me walk and evaluating it makes me nervous.  

I think eventually I want to run and train, but my magic number for running I have decided is 220.  I need to get rid of some of this excess weight before I kill my knees trying to run.  At least I know I could walk a 5K based on my recent walking excursions.  We would have been even faster today if it weren't for letting the baby out of the stroller to walk.  

I took a long shower, blow dried my hair, put some makeup on and I may or may not (no one was here to witness said event) have pretended to be a model and took pictures of myself in the name of my blog.  :)  Someone is feeling good about herself!  The scale may not tell me, but my disappearing double chin tells me that things are moving in the right direction.  :)  





5 comments:

  1. Girl! You are gorgeous! and YES! So glad the stress about food and the scale sorted itself...do you think it might have had something to do with hubs being gone? Thats always harder, I think.

    And just sayin, but those photos...you look so confident! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great! Photos without double chin are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Progress is defined by the way you feel - NOT the scale :) So glad you've found a happy place with this! You are amazing! And exercise is SO good for your mental and emotional well-being. You're right about your knees though... running could be too much impact right now. Walking and hiking are PERFECT though! I'm going to message you on FB in a bit, but I just read your latest update and want you to know I am very proud of you, dear friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish I could like comments like I can on FB! I like all of these! Chuckleheads - I wait for your comments every time and I am so happy to have met an Austin bander in Kay! I've reconnected with Lori...this blog has been so fun and helpful for me!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look fab... I see your full body pic and it reminds me of what i looked like in the beginning. Boobs for days... lol When you go get new shoes...Get that bra i told you about http://enell.com/

    I hated pictures, and still do, but not as much... lol

    Put the scale in the trunk of your car... I told you it was the Devil... Go by how your clothes feel and how you feel.

    ReplyDelete