Monday, July 1, 2013

Do I NEED surgery?

I started my pre-op diet (Atkins - no more than 20 grams of carbs a day) last Tuesday.  It's been relatively easy.  I've only had a few times that it was truly difficult.  The first time was the s'mores on vacation, the other was cutting the Bluebonnet Cafe pancakes for my son, and the third was the banana bread from yesterday.  I overcame all of these events because I didn't want to jeopardize my surgery.

Today I weighed myself on my fancy new Weight Watchers scale and I have lost 8 pounds since starting the pre-op diet!  While this is good news...it's made me question whether I should go through with surgery.  Maybe I should just stick it out and keep working on it...But I know myself.  Honestly and thoroughly...I know myself.  I can sustain a program for a while, but as soon as I get off of it...I GO WAY OFF.  The band will help me monitor myself.

I go in to meet my surgeon tomorrow.  I really hope they weigh me and are excited about my loss so far.  If this loss continues, at the end of next week I should be back to where I was before I jumped off of Weight Watchers in May.

I am looking at everyone's before and after surgery pictures.  It is very inspiring, but I have a hard time imagining myself under 200 lbs again.  A REALLY hard time.  It's seemed so out of reach for so long, it feels like a fantasy to let myself think about it.  Like I should be laughing at myself for thinking that far ahead.

In OTHER good news, a friend of mine that blogs a lot is going to work with me to fancy up my page and help me make it look more appealing.  I had blog envy yesterday when I looked around at a lot of other blogs.  I thought this blog was going to be helping me so that I didn't talk about weight loss, weight loss surgery, or the things I'm going to do after surgery during every waking hour.  To the unspoken dismay of my friends and family...it hasn't started working yet.  I'm still blabbing away!

I can't wait to post about tomorrow!


4 comments:

  1. Keep babbling away! It's cathartic. Did I spell that right? Anyway, I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knw what you mean about falling off the wagon. I think the band will help with that too! Good job on your pre-op!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Under 200 sounds amazing doesn't it? You're off to a great start!!

    ReplyDelete