Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Freak Out

So I made a huge mistake tonight.  First off, I had diarrhea about three days ago and I blamed it on the ice cream.  I don't think I solid stool again.  Sorry for the info you may not want.  Then today I felt okay during the workshop and then I started feeling crummy around 2 ish.  I had eaten the lunch I brought which was a few bites of cottage cheese and yogurt.  So I drank a protein shake in case I had not eaten enough. My face was warm, felt gross, etc.  I felt better after eating and made it through the day.  Then I went home at 4:30 and had immediate diarrhea.  Fifteen minutes later I had more.  Ugh.

In my infinite wisdom I decided to google to see if anyone else had trouble with diarrhea post-op and I found way more information than I wanted.  I read so many bad reviews about the band and people that had it removed, people that have long term problems related to the band, etc.  It scared the ever-loving crap out of me.  I can't even imagine if I went to all this trouble only to have it "ruin my life" as some people said.

I called the Hub and he reassured me and told me how many people have added years to their lives by having surgery and he reminded me that I had the loose stool issue frequently before surgery.  I would be ridiculously disappointed if I am one of the "ruined my life" people.

Now I don't know where to look when I have questions.  I feel like I stumbled into Poltergeist and I don't want to go back there.  I don't think I will be googling any more symptoms.  Any other banded friends gone through this?  How did you get over all the naysayers?  Uh...and any diarrhea?

4 comments:

  1. Don't google! Don't ever google! Lol. I had the runs for a whole 10 days or so....it's normal...liquid in...liquid out...and your body is adjusting to a new diet with mushies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Liquid in, what do you expect out? Hang in there! You're doing great! And the lasagna and bison tacos you made were yummy. Thanks for letting me try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley is correct... Liquid in... Liquid out. You are doing so great... Stop listening to "those" people. Some are just not ready for the changes and are looking for some thing or some one to blame for theirs failures except for them selves.

      Delete
  3. Ditto the "avoid Google" advice! Google is good to get you a ballpark idea, but it can also be terrifying... turn you into a hypochondriac. AND... Grant always reminds me... it's always those with the negative experiences who are the most willing to share. So... keep up the good work. And maybe have someone else do the Googling for you ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete