Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My hunger is back!

Hello Blog Readers!

Per my Mom's request this morning...I am providing an updated blog entry.  :)  Love ya Mom.

Pretty much, no news is good news with me.  I am doing really well.  I have kind of been waiting to post because I was hoping to get to 249 before I did.  I have been hovering at 250 for about 5 days.  Two nights ago I walked 3 miles (actually 2.8 but I rounded up) and I thought it would be THE DAY, but alas, it was not THE DAY.  Today I was at 250.5 but I ate a hot dog today to celebrate National Hot Dog Day.  It's not technically mushy food....but I chewed really well and it was one of my two meals today.  I didn't skip a meal, I just woke up really late.  I worked in the kitchen today and started reorganizing my cabinets.  I walked another 3 miles tonight so maybe I made up for the hot dog.  I went at a pretty good pace for the first 3 laps of 4.

They told me the hunger would come back these two weeks and it has.  I honestly don't feel banded at all.  I can't wait for my first fill on Tuesday next week.  I don't enjoy being hungry. I got used to being stronger than my food the last two weeks.  It was a powerful feeling.  For someone that has spent her entire life thinking about what she's going to eat for the next meal, next day, next week, next year at Thanksgiving, it's a freedom that I have never experienced before.  I never thought I would describe it as freedom, but that's exactly what it is.  I'm free from oppression when my band is talking to me.  Right now it has gone silent and I am frustrated.  I've never had a successful relationship with food and I need the band to help me relate.  I'm working to hold on til Tuesday.

Otherwise...life is good!  My boys come home Thursday.  I can't wait to see them.  I miss my baby and my hubby!  He left the day after surgery to handle some things in CT.  I am excited for him to see the changes in me.  I am really glad he wasn't here to witness all of my struggles the last two weeks.  Up and down drama....maybe a little bit o crazy.  He loves me and I am lucky.

Love to all.  By the way...anyone into ZZ Ward?  I've just discovered her and I love the song "Put the Gun Down".

7 comments:

  1. You are fabulous! I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished already!!! Hang in there friend - the best is yet to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that hunger! I remember it well. I hated the post op diet and am one who cheated (ate solids during mushies and mushies during liquids). Will it help if I tell you it does get better? But don't count too much on that first fill. I thought that would be the magic moment and I honestly had no change in the hunger levels. Hang in there! You've done too much to backtrack...keep blogging. It helps process the crazy stuff! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chuckleheads. Good to know it's not going to get me through. :( I hope it helps. Thank you for the feedback. Oh there is plenty of crazy! I need to blog more again to process it.

      Delete
  3. I'm worried about those hungry weeks because I've never managed to jump on that 'just say no' wagon when it comes to food! I can't wait to read your 249 post any day now!! Woo Hoo!! And awesome job with your walking... You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good morning darling...Glad to see you are doing so well. You are right on track.
    Remember, even though you are hungry as hell and can eat the paint off the walls..... measure your food out before you eat it. Place it on the smallest plate you have... stick to your portions. don't forget your snacks. I ate laughing cow cheese a lot. Don't forget to drink your water (ugghhhh) and the more Protein you get in the better you will feel and the more you will lose.
    When exercising .... make sure you are getting that heart rate up... other wise you are wasting your time. Have you tried the C25K app i told you about.... it is wonderful..
    I am at a start over... i signed back up at the YMCA Monday and have gone for the past two days... yay me Size 4 here i come...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Jen... I hope all the support and the knowing that we're all reading... I hope it keeps you going :) I do much better at everything when I know there is at least one person cheering me on - and you have many!!! Keep it up, Chicky :)

    ReplyDelete